Download and Installation¶
While the default CPython interpreter is sufficient for small to medium-scale problems, execution time becomes excessive for larger problems. The code is compatible with Pypy. Using it yields a 10-20x speedup. If you use Pypy, you will need the Pypy fork of Numpy.
By default, Ncpol2sdpa does not require a solver, but then it will not be able to solve a generated relaxation either. Install any supported solver and it will be detected automatically.
Optional dependencies include:
- SDPA is a possible target solver.
- SciPy yields faster execution with the default CPython interpreter.
- PICOS is necessary for using the Cvxopt solver and for converting the problem to a PICOS instance.
- MOSEK Python module is necessary to work with the MOSEK solver.
- CVXPY is required for converting the problem to or by solving it by CVXPY.
- Cvxopt is required by both Chompack and PICOS.
- Chompack improves the sparsity of the chordal graph extension.
Follow the standard procedure for installing Python modules:
$ pip install ncpol2sdpa
If you use the development version, install it from the source code:
$ git clone https://github.com/peterwittek/ncpol2sdpa.git $ cd ncpol2sdpa $ python setup.py install